Friday, May 16, 2008

Paid Surveys- Are They Worth It?

My answer to that question is definately YES! However, I didn't always feel that way. When I first started looking for ways to make money online, I heard alot about doing Paid Surveys. I found a great list of legit (FREE) survey sites and signed up for many of them. Later that same day I received my first survey. I was excited! I quickly started to fill it out when, after only about 3 questions, I was told I didn't qualify.
Ok, no big deal. The next day 2 more surveys arrived from a different survey site. Once again, I didn't qualify. After 2 weeks of filling out (and not qualifying for) about 10 surveys I started to get frustrated and discouraged. Was this really worth my time?? I didn't think so. So I stopped doing them.
A few months later I talked to a couple people online that were making $100-$300 a month doing surveys. I told them about my experience and asked what their secret was.
I was surprised to hear that the same thing had happened to them. The only difference was that they stuck with it. Eventually they started qualifying for some of them and in turn also began to receive surveys more frequently. So, I decided to give Paid Surveys one more try. They were right! It started off slowly, only making a few dollars for the first month or so. But now, 6 months later, I average about $150 a month. I have also, through the paid surveys, been invited to participate in product tests, phone surveys and just recently a local focus group, which paid $100 for only 2hrs of my time! Now I have to say, paid surveys will not be for everyone. But if you are interested in giving them a try, these are a few of my favorite Paid Survey Sites.

0 comments: