Friday, May 30, 2008

Working At Home

Since starting this blog, I have received several emails from readers interested in working from home. They wanted to know what kind of work I do, how I got started and if it is really possible to make a living working online.
Although I do make money online, right now it is only something I do in my spare time. My full time job is working as a Day Care provider. I have been working at home for 2 yrs, starting soon after my daughter Mya was born. While I sometimes miss my former job as a medical tech, I love the fact that I get to be at home with her everyday. Being a single mom, I know that if I worked outside the home I would most likely be working 2 jobs just to pay for the cost of her daycare and gas (which was $4.20 a gallon here over the holiday weekend!)to get to and from work.

Having said all that....I will soon be moving back to Florida and, since we will be living in an apartment instead of a house, I will not be opening a Daycare there. So, like the readers that have contacted me, I too am in search of another WAH job. I have been doing a lot of research. I know there are many options available, and I am considering expanding my blog to include not just what I do with the GPT and PTC sites but also my quest to find a full time online job.

I also wanted to say thank you for all the comments and feedback you have given me. I really do appreciate it!

0 comments: