Sunday, June 22, 2008

Increasing Traffic To Your Blog

One thing I have been spending some more time on recently is trying to increase the amount of traffic to my blog. I have submitted my blog to a few directories and blog lists, traffic exchanges like LinkReferral and Traffic Swarm, etc.. Then I came across Entrecard. This is definitely the easiest way to increase traffic that I have found so far. And it really works!

If you are not yet familiar with Entrecard, you first sign up and submit your blog. Then you are given a your own "card" with your blog name and a code to add the Entrecard Widget to your blog. After that you can begin earning points by logging in and "dropping cards". To drop your card you just browse the blogs, pick one that interests you, visit their blog and click on "drop" on their Entrecard widget. So simple! You are allowed 300 drops per day (1 per blog). You can then go to your Drops Inbox and see which bloggers have visited and dropped cards on your blog. Some of you may have also noticed the "Entrecard Blog of the Day" featured to the right of this post. You can use the points that you earn to buy advertising on other blogs, like the one shown here.

In the short time I have been using Entrecard, my Alexa ranking has gone from 5,000,000+ to its current rank of 552,916. I think hat is a huge jump! I have also gotten a lot of return visitors, more feed subscribers and even found some great blogs that I now visit regularly!

1 comments:

Toni said...

Hello, I have gotten more traffic thanks to Entrecard as well. I have been stopping by but have never commented, I just want to say Hi.