Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reading and Writing At 19 Months??

My daughter Mya loves books. She is only 19 months old so obviously she can't read yet. But she has fooled a few people into thinking she can. There are 2 books that I have read to her so many times she knows all the words AND knows when to turn the pages. It is so cute!

One of my friends just gave Mya this beautiful book of nursery rhymes that had been hers when she was little. I thought that was so sweet of her so I decided to have Mya make her a little Thank You card. I gave her some crayons and let her draw and scribble. She had so much fun! Yes, not only can she read but she can write too!! Ok maybe not, but it is definitely something I want to encourage.

I love sending out thank you cards. Unfortunately my handwriting is terrible (it actually looks alot like Mya's scribbling) so I usually don't make my own. But I still like to send a card that can express exactly what I want to say. Cards Direct has beautiful cards for any occasion. From Birthday and Anniversary cards to Photo/Custom cards and Business Thank You cards like the one shown here:




What I like most about their cards is that you can personalize them with your own message and return address in the colors and styles that you want!


0 comments: